Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Philippians 1


...it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ...The reason I am imprisoned is Christ...not some bureaucratic blunder, some prejudiced jerk in office, a misunderstanding.  Because of Christ, I am in chains.  My prison record is part of His greater plan to make Himself famous and expand His Kingdom.

When God allows an unjust, uncomfortable or unbelievable situation to come my way, do I have enough confidence in my obedience to be able to vehemently claim, "Because of Christ ..."?  

Am I as pleased as Paul to experience situations which I would not have written into the script of my life...if I were asked?  

When I am bound in a situation, do I make sure that the whole of the palace guard and everyone else are clear that it's all for Christ?  

Do I take into account the local talent around me in my would-be distress or do I just look for what I deem is significant?

For Christ.  Let me live and breathe for Christ.  Let my story be told for Christ.  Let any participants, front row folks or casual observers know it is for Christ.  The proper and worthy response is conduct becoming a recipient of grace, the gift of the gospel - make it so, Lord, make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment