Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ephesians 2

...His great love with which He loved us...

I am loved with a great love, a Great Love.  God is Love and He loves me with a great love.  Who needs a Valentine's card? He doesn't love me with a general love, a casual love or even a sympathetic love.  It's not a superficial love, a conditional love nor a seasonal love.  It is not obligatory nor demanded.  His love is not based on me, my performance, my track-record, my reputation...it is Him.  All Him.  

                                HE   LOVES   me

It is great.  The same word is also used in the New Testament as: 
all
better
deep
earnestly
even more
freely
full
further
enough
great/greater/greater numbers/greatly
hard
heartily
high price
large/large numbers
lengthy, long
loudly
many/many more
terrible
very much 

That's the Love He loves me with...His great love. No greater love.

God of Love, let me receive Your love and respond to You and others from Your great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment