Friday, February 4, 2011

Hebrews 9

Accordingly both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make the worshiper perfect in conscience, since they relate only to...regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation.
  But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle... through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.... how much more will the blood of Christ,..., cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?...but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself...so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him. 

The prior arrangement for worshipers' sin was an external cleansing; but not a perfected conscience.  At the time of reformation, at the consummation of the ages (isn't God's story magnificent!), Christ Jesus was manifested, putting away sin by His own, very great and complete sacrifice.  Sin was subjugated so thoroughly which allows our consciences to be cleansed (as we respond to the invitation of the elect) which frees us to be noble servants of the Sovereign King of the Universe.   Jesus will come again, a second time for salvation...and this time He comes without reference to sin.  Sin will not be the issue for the heinous blight and spiritual toxin it had been was  profoundly and ultimately conquered and cured at the point of His all-sufficient sin-offering.

The timing in which I find myself in this majestic story is after the defeat of sin and before the return without reference to sin - I am in the time of service to the King.  

What does my service look like?  Service is action, not just a know-how.

I am not serving my King:   

                               if I only study about serving
                               if I become only a knowledgeable historian of His Kingdom
                               if I just agree that serving is good and important and necessary
                               if I am too busy doing things which are not of His Kingdom
                               if I apply myself to His service once or twice a week

                                              I MUST SERVE MY KING

                               I must know what He wants
                               I must conduct myself in the fashion which pleases Him
                               I must be willing to be appear foolish for obedience to His Name
                               I must trust that He knows best
                               I must be available, listening and willing to obey - be prepared
                               I must obey because regrets and apologies don't get my job done
                               I must believe that He is the King of All, King of my everything

Father King, give me eyes to see Kingdom ways, give me a heart to be a noble servant of the Most High God.  Help me to live in Kingdom freedom.  Please help me to not desire to be Your servant while taking time to party with the enemy.  My time is Yours, You attend my celebrations.  Cause me to remember that You are the Only King.  Help me to have the scope of vision for Your Kingdom.  Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, in my life as it is in Heaven.  So saturate my life that I would bear obviously the trademarks of Your Kingdom to those not of Kingdom-status.  Let my accent be of Your language, my dress reflect Your styles, my mannerisms demonstrate Your ways, my choices reveal Your holiness, my conduct becoming Your grace, my love like Yours and whatever else I don't know to ask for..., please, please continue Your transformation of me to that which brings honor, glory and fame to You, My Great King.
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment