Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hebrews 8

 But this is the new covenant I will make
      with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord:
   I will put my laws in their minds,
      and I will write them on their hearts.
   I will be their God,
      and they will be my people.

The original covenant was written on stone tablets, hard, immovable, fixed.  The new and better covenant is written on the hearts and put in the minds of the people.  Living people, not rocks.  

The result is the God will be their God and they will be His people.  Living people.  The New Covenant is about life and living, not a mere display.  It wells up within us and directs the flow of our thoughts and lives.  The purpose is to live the New Covenant.

Father, I know I knew this; but I thank You for drawing me to this truth and refreshing me with it.  You intend for me to live in the context of Your God-ness.  Your promises, Your faithfulness, Your purpose and Your love direct the law of life.  I thank You for breaking the shackles which held me in bondage to the statue of the law of sin and death.  I praise You for Your empowerment and direction to live that life - loving You with all of my heart, soul, strength and essence and for Your goodness to grow me in that love that I may love others as I do myself.  I also ask that You would help me to love myself rightly.  To the praise of Your Very Great Name and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment