Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hebrews 11

...even Sarah herself received ability to conceive, even beyond the proper time of life, since she considered Him faithful who had promised.

Therefore there was born even of one man, and him as good as dead at that, as many descendants AS THE STARS OF HEAVEN IN NUMBER, AND INNUMERABLE AS THE SAND WHICH IS BY THE SEASHORE.

He considered that God is able to raise people even from the dead, from which he also received him back as a type.

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, even regarding things to come.


The use of "even" struck me in this passage. It's as if the Divine Author penned the words to draw my attention to something beyond the improbability of these "events"; something past the surpassing impossibility of each. I mean, that God would say "even" this occurred. I know nothing is a stretch for the Undiminishable One; but that He would say "even" makes me wonder about what does He want to say "even" in my life? Where am I shortchanging His glorious plans for the comfort of my finite estate?
God, I know that You are completely trustworthy and I confess it is a bit difficult...okay, it is difficult to say that I want You to be able to say "even" me; but I do want Your "even" in my life. These folks lived through very challenging lives and circumstances, they had tremendous wait-on-God events; but You write of them as if they impressed You. I understand that they cooperated with the work You were doing and that You accomplished the miraculous in their lives; but they complied with You and waited on You and then they made the "even" list. They lived at capacity for Your plans for them...God, help me to live and love at capacity, for the glory of Your Name and the expanse of Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment