Thursday, February 10, 2011

1 Peter 1

...and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory.......do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance

 These two verses cause me to wonder how I am supposed to truly look as a daughter of the Most High King.  

Do I look like I am rejoicing greatly?  Is my joy inexpressible and full of glory? 

I feel rather ordinary, if not invisible, most days...If I had this exulting, thrilling, glorious joy overflowing, wouldn't I be obviously pleased and ...dare I say, radiant?  
Contrast that beaming countenance with the admonition to not be shaped and molded by the former evil desires from my ignorant stage (pre-Jesus-follower).  Now I was five years old when I responded to my Savior's call...so I am not terribly certain what my evil desires were; but of this I am confidant: they were all I-ME-MY oriented. 

My person should not reflect what the i-me-my person would...What I want, when I want, how I want, as much and as long as I want...I am charged with not looking like these former ways and, I think, that means I don't look like those who are living in these ways...That means I watch different things, I listen to different things, I pursue different things...and by different, I mean God-pleasing.  I may have knowledge of the world; but I am not to harmonize, correspond or coincide with it.  

Oh, LORD of All, I confess too often I resonate with the world's melody and neglect the rhapsody of my King.  May I be known for the joy which wells up from within me by the life-support system You have given me.  Let my pattern and habit be not of this world; but of Your Kingdom and consistent with Your design - to the praise of Your Gloriously, Joyously Name and Reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment