Thursday, February 10, 2011

1 Peter 2

...For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves...You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters with all respect...For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you.


          slave.of.GOD.   
                              Accept His authority with all respect.  
                                                                                    EVEN.SUFFER.  
                                                                                                         LIVE.FREE.

Salvation - slavation...save - slave.   Just switch a couple of letters around...makes all the difference in the world.  God is my authority, I am His slave.  Don't switch those couple of things around...that's an eternal difference.

Master, help me to submit to Your authority with all respect.  Help me to get rid of all evil in my life...it sounds so easy, like taking the trash out; but it's sticky, lumpy and both smaller and larger than I can find or handle.  I need You to cultivate in me Your desires and disciplines.  Help me, in liberty, to be the God's-slave You created me to be.  Let me serve You faithfully, let me adore You completely and let me love You well.


No comments:

Post a Comment