Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ephesians 4

A prisoner for the Lord, unjustly held captive who had conducted himself peaceably, is advising believers to live in that manner worthy of the calling to which they have been called. The qualities the prisoner encourages them in are humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance in love and unity through peace.

The call-worthy walk is humble obedience, not harsh, rude nor sarcastic but compassionate and merciful in that gracious capacity to endure the wait - lovingly. All of this is done peacefully for the harmony and wholeness of the Body.

How on earth am I able to pull this off?  I rather enjoy being sarcastic at times...it works for me.  How can the knee-jerk reaction be humble and harmonious when I have been hurt or offended?   Why is it sometimes such a choice between humility and obedience?  It is truly not in me; but thank You, my precious Savior, that You have given me grace according to the measure of Your immeasurable gift and that Your grace is enough for me. I need You, I need Your grace, I need Your Word to direct my path.  Thank You that You don't give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment