Saturday, February 26, 2011

Colossians 1

...walk in a manner worthy of the Lord...

 Just what would be worthy of the Lord?  He is the Sovereign King of the Universe, His attributes are without end, He is the Creator, the Author and Finisher of our Faith, the Only Wise God, Eternal King, Redeemer, Sin-Forgiver, Sin-Payment, Beloved, Messiah, Perfect Lamb, Rescuer from Darkness, Peace, Love, Judge, Worthy, Grace, Truth...(I could not ever finish this; but I get to work on it!).  

We bow for royalty, salute military, stand for ladies, nod for others, kneel for children, yield to flashing lights, ...what is worthy of our Lord?  Does what I do in a week truly resemble walking in a manner which displays His worthiness?  What do my words, habits, thoughts, choices, time, etc. say about what I think of His worth? Do I confuse religious activity and attendance with that worthy-walk?

Father, forgive me.

...I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you...

For whom have I become a steward of God?  Who is my "you"?  What effort do I make to regularly interact with the "you's" in my life?  How am I desperately seeking all of the "you's" God has entrusted to me?

Oh, God, You have chosen me to minister to particular "you's".  Give me eyes to see my assignment and a heart to love them as my own.  Gift me with creativity in ministering to each according to the design You've made.  You are worthy, let me walk in response to that simple, overwhelming, nearly incomprehensible fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment