Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ephesians 1

Paul writes to believers who are faithful in Christ, those who were known for their faith and love.  He then confesses that he prays that they would be given a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, that they would know the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.  Did they know there was more?

Is this like having keys to the Kingdom; but not using them until death's demand?

I can be a faithful believer and sealed with the Holy Spirit and still lack insight and that intimate knowing of God, I can be saved and not know the hope of His calling, I can be part of the family of God and not know the riches of the glorious inheritance, I can have the indwelling Holy Spirit testify to my salvation and not comprehend the incredible power for me...

God and Father, I do not want to miss, not know, lack or fail anything I am allowed to participate in by Your Grace.  Please give me wisdom, give me revelation, let me know You well...help me to devote myself to that end.  Teach me of the hope of Your calling - the confident expectation of Your invitation - what do You desire I know?  I want to know and live now in the fullness of the eternal blessedness of being Your daughter.  You are to be praised for Your amazing, limitless, undiminishible power and You will that I would comprehend it.  Make it so, Sovereign Lord, make it so. I receive what You have for me.   Wow.  Thank You, God my Father, Jesus my Savior and Brother and Holy Spirit my Seal and Guide to All Truth.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment