Sunday, February 13, 2011

1 Peter 4

...live for the will of God...live in the spirit according to the will of God...good stewards of the manifold grace of God....so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 

God's will, God's grace, God's glory...

Am I living for God's will?  How much does my will compete with His?
How does my life reflect the multifarious grace of the Most High God?

How precisely does my life-story communicate His glory?

Even in suffering, for whose honor, distinction, magnificence and preeminence do I work?  

Whose name do I try to make good in hardship and trouble?

Lord, it is so straightforward.  That renewed life of the one who 
                     ~survives and succeeds in the Spirit
                     ~accepts and abides as a bearer of the Almighty Name
                     ~loves intensely and demonstratively
                     ~welcomes others courteously, graciously and spontaneously
                     ~intercedes with tenacity
                     ~decides and does with divine discernment
  it is all for You...of Your will, by Your grace and for Your glory...help me to keep it simple and focused on You, of You and for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment