Saturday, December 31, 2011

Deuteronomy 6

And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always.

… for our good always.  Obedience and awe of God are completely compatible, even prerequisites for our good always. LORD God, please help me to live from that honoring and reverent perspective. What is due You is always good for me, too.


To learn, to do, to possess, to fear…Lord may this be the increasing pattern of my life. To learn more of You, to obey what You direct me to do, to take hold of and live the life You have for me, to be more in awe and amazement and love and captivated and blown away by You, everyday. To the praise of Your very great Name. Thank You for being a Jealous God, for You value what I worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment