Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Revelation 12

the accuser of our brethren ... they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. ...  And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth ...

The accuser accuses - with words - maybe even a constant flood of them.  He is overcome by the blood of the Lamb (given for us), the word of their testimony (our response) and their complete commitment to the Lamb - even unto death, (more of our response).  The blood of the Lamb is readily available.   The testimony of the Blood-bought Body versus the testimony of the cast-out accuser and the dedication of the Body to the Lamb are our ways of overcoming the onslaught of the accusations ... our choices ... my choice.

Lord, I thank You and praise You for the gift and privilege of overcoming the enemy.  You have purchased me at great cost to Yourself.  The defeat of the accuser was established at that bloody moment; my responses are what is left for me give - and they come only by Your grace and enabling .  Please help me to remember the testimony You have provided for me and  to grow in my love for You that I may steadfastly love You more than I love me.  May I respond gratefully and sincerely to all that You have done and to never believe the words of the accuser.  i am Yours and You are mine.  That's enough.  Really.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment