Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jeremiah 23

... for from the prophets ...
   ungodliness has gone out into all the land.

I can be a vessel for ungodliness with my words.   I can pledge myself to God, to His work, to His people and still I can dispense ungodliness with what I say.  

Lord God, please help me to not ever promote ungodliness in what I say or dream or advocate.  Keep me from laughing at anything which tinges on unholiness or that which would not be giggled at by Your Son and my Savior.    Keep me from speaking vain words to console and empty assurances of hope.  God, You are the only Hope.  Christ is the only Way.  Holy Spirit, You are the only Advocate and Counselor.  Let my words, insights, reactions, suggestions come from You that You may be glorified, Your Kingdom expanded and Your people healed.  Keep my mouth shut when I don't speak from You.  To the praise of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment