Thursday, December 29, 2011

Deuteronomy 4

... that you may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers is giving you.  Lord, help me to walk with You the whole way.  May I always live where You have ordained for me and in what You give me.  Help me to recognize that it is life.  May I go in with You, not view it from afar in fear or trepidation or laziness; and may I never go in as a captive or slave to anyone but You.  AND may I fully possess what You give me.  May Your gifts never be a snare or an idol in my life, may Your plans never possess me.  Help me to serve You well in and through what You provide and never worship the gift.

for this is your wisdom and your understanding ...  God's words are my wisdom and my understanding.  May I treat them as such and walk in the light of His eternal Word.

Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life.   Help me, Holy Spirit, keep me that I shall not forget, let me remember and cherish the work of God's hand in and around my life.  Organize and prioritize my experiences, frame them that they bring You glory and show You to be Who You say You are; may I speak of them in the same fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment