Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Micah 5

And He will arise and shepherd His flock In the strength of the LORD, In the majesty of the name of the LORD His God 

I confess, Lord, that not much of this chapter makes sense to me.  Perhaps if I were reading it in context; but it matters not as I have You, dear Friend and Counselor to teach me.   And I have the mind of Christ to help me think; so it seems the mystery is intentional, for now.  I thank You, precious Lord for that consideration.  

What does strike me is that as the Lord will get up and shepherd His flock in the LORD's strength and in the "majesty of the Name of the LORD His God," I should do likewise.  I should get up from where I want to stay still and hide, I must operate and serve in my Heavenly Father's strength - or it will all fail.  His fame, His glory and His reputation are the goal - the majesty of the Name.  Lord God, please help me to follow Your example, in the majesty of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment