Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Deuteronomy 2

This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you.” - my reputation is in God's hands.  His campaign is the only right way to interpret.

The LORD said to me, See, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his country.  {actually, Lord, with my eyes, I don't see; but I believe You)   Begin to take possession of it and engage him in battle. {Now?   gulp.  okay.  You see, Lord,  I am not feeling very warrior-y; but I believe You and I will respond in that trust)  ...  “See, I have begun to deliver Sihon and his country over to you. Now begin to conquer and possess his land.” (oh, I get it, it's not instantaneous.  You have begun to deliver them.  It'll take some time.  May I stay believing and trusting and obedient during this process called deliverance and taking possession of the promise)  When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, the LORD our God delivered him over to us ... (so, even though I had to go to battle, I had to prepare, bear the the weapon, wield the authority and actually be in the trench and do war, You, LORD my God delivered what You had promised.)  

God, I don't often understand Your ways; but I thank You that You make Your words clear to me.  Please help me to be careful in the response I give You that I may fully participate in the the plan You have provided.  And I thank You that You deliver what You promise.  That You know I don't see what You say; but You still invite me to join You in the call.  Please give me Your vision to see just as You say.  Open the eyes of my belief, unstop the ears of my trust, teach my mind to comprehend in faith first.

No comments:

Post a Comment