Monday, December 5, 2011

Isaiah 7

Take care and be calm, have no fear and do not be fainthearted because of these two stubs of smoldering firebrands, ... If you will not believe, you surely shall not last.

 Oh, Lord, You do not call me to be fainthearted nor timid.  You have promised struggles and battles, persecutions and prejudices - but in and through it all, You say to stand firm and to not be afraid, to be alert, self-controlled and calm, do not fear.  And You call me to believe.  Lord, I want to believe You.  I want to grow in my faith and my confidence in You - not only that You can act; but that You will.  I believe You.  I believe in You.  I believe Your words and promises - steady my heart that I may last to the glory of Your great Name and Your endless Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment