Monday, December 19, 2011

Luke 1:57-66

And at once his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he began to speak in praise of God.

After obedience, his tongue was loosed and he was able to speak in praise of God.  I wonder if ol' Zach had tried to speak about another matter, if he would be able to speak aloud.

Lord, I pray that You would show me where my tongue needs loosing, where I am not speaking in praise of You when I should be.  Help my attitude be increasingly grateful and my words more fluid regarding Your great Name.

Fear came on all those living around them; and all these matters were being talked about in all the hill country of Judea.

Lord God, please grant that my reaction to Your handiwork would not be fear, but faith; not be intimidation, but expectation; not be argumentative, but gratitude.  May my reactions and choices reflect an increasingly humble and appreciative spirit; even when You change the entire way I relate to the world and who I understand myself to be.  It's about You, not me.   Lord, be my center-focus, my holy Bullseye.

No comments:

Post a Comment