Saturday, December 24, 2011

Luke 2:21-35

And when the time came for their purification according to the Law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord ...

The Lord Jesus fulfilled every point of the law.  His compliance, His submission, His yieldedness began before He could roll over.

(Matthew 5:1 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.";
Luke 24:44  He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”)

Jesus fulfilled the law, that's what love does.

Romans 13:8  Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

And he (Simeon) came in the Spirit into the temple ...

Simeon came into the temple, not for Simeon; but for Jesus.  Why do I come to temple?  For me, my deal, my kids, it's what I do; or do I go in order to wait for Jesus?  Is my life characterized by waiting for Jesus?  The divine appointment He has with me everyday, all the time.  Do I recognize, as it was recognized about Simeon, that I come and go in the Spirit?  What difference does that make to me and my encounters?

Oh my God and Father, please help me to love and be yielded to You, for the praise of no other Name; but Yours.  Please help me not to love my reputation more than I do Yours, my purposes more than Your divine plan, my comfort more than You.   May my motives continue to be purified that I come and go for You; that the evidence of Your Spirit is obvious to all and that I am content to wait before You, fully satisfied in You. I need Your wisdom and restraint, Your passion and equipping, Your desires and intentions; I thank You for You give what I need for what You have called me to do.  Let me do well all of that which You've called me to and may it bring You glory and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment