Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Luke 1:67-80

... to enable us to serve him without fear
  in holiness and righteousness before him all our days. ... 
to guide our feet into the path of peace.

Serve without fear.  I am a fearful thing.  To fearlessly serve Him, in holiness and righteousness.  That is some job description.  I want to do it, though.  Only by His grace and enabling.

To guide wayward, fearful, timid, unsure, undone me in the path of peace.  That is some responsibility He takes on.   Only He could authentically accomplish such a feat.

Only my God can bring this fearful child triumphantly along peace's pathway in holiness, blamelessness and fearlessness.  Only God.  And only for God.  

Please make this so, my precious Lord.  Peace without fear, service without ego and attitude, life without impurities and bad choices.  And may this small life bring You much glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment