Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 39: John 16

I am freshly encouraged in this reading as the disciples grow in their understanding, as I see myself growing slowly in my response to my precious Lord.  The love of Jesus and the provision He promises come because of His Word, not their (my) abilities and responses.  I am reminded that all things are in the Father's perfect timetable and they rise and fall at His call.  The fact that mere mortals, i.e. me, don't  always match the flawless rhythm of the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe and that tottering manner doesn't deter Him or His plans.  In fact, that quality of inconsistency is part of His plan.  He knows the way He made us, He knows my frailties and when i will finally get something.  His promises come when His time (which includes me) is right. 

Lord, grant me vision for Your provision, heart for Your passions and strength/grace to stay on the dance-floor with You.  I can't keep up with You; but You can keep me.  Precious Lord, how I need You to keep me.  Holy Spirit, You are my Keeper.  I praise Your gracious ways in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment