Friday, November 18, 2011

Numbers 14

So the LORD said, “I have pardoned them according to your word ... "

Moses quoted the LORD's words  (from when God revealed the wake of His glory to His servant Moses) as he sought forgiveness for the grumblers.  The LORD grants Moses's request for pardon and allows the people to live, just in the wilderness and to not walk into nor occupy their victorious place of promise.

This reminds me of the Garden of Eden when death was promised - it just wasn't (physically) immediate.  And the sweet homestead was denied to those it was intended for.  

Oh, gracious and compassionate LORD, I praise You for Your tender mercies and for Your provision of pardon for sin.  Lord, I know I have earned death; but You have extended grace to me.  I thank You, I am Yours.  Please fill my heart and mouth with praises and gratitude for You.  Please help me to follow in Caleb's example of having a different spirit (YOURS) and following You fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment