Saturday, November 5, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 42: 2 Corinthians

I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit.

This reliance on You, everliving Holy Spirit, is for the Kingdom's sake; but it is for the benefit of those around me ~ to cause them to trust in You and not anything people-driven and for me ~ to ensure I don't work to the glory of flesh or the fallen.  Coach me, compel me, cause me to rely only on the power of You, most faithful and omnipotent Holy Spirit.

And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

Holy Father, please help me to focus my vision on the wondrous and divine, not the apparent and physical.  You have enabled me by Your Holy Spirit to have sacred-sight.  Holy Spirit,  keep my eyes - the physical and spiritual - looking and expecting to see the glories of my God.  Jesus, Your focus was so spot-on as You transformed this world with Your life; quicken me to follow Your most excellent example.  And, as believers, we have the mind of Christ - You said so.  Lord, help us as believers to walk in the ways of the wise, to pattern our lives and disciplines after Your truths and to bring You glory.  Keep us from going adrift in the sea of pleasure and luxury and the tsunami of the urgent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment