Saturday, November 12, 2011

Numbers 8

The LORD said to Moses, “Speak to Aaron and say to him, ‘When you set up the lamps, see that all seven light up the area in front of the lampstand.’”   Aaron did so; he set up the lamps so that they faced forward on the lampstand, just as the LORD commanded Moses.

I wonder if Moses ever wondered about or regretted his choice to not speak God's words to the people.   Did he ever think - not pridefully; but remorsefully, "I so could have done this."  

Lord, I know that Aaron was the high priest and it was appropriate for him to have instruction; but we are mere mortals who can look back on decisions which seem to go against Your plan and wonder, doubt, question.  Please help me to embrace that which You call me to do, as You call me.  Don't let me wimp out - even when I really, really feel like it.  I don't want my spirituality to be tainted by second-guessing.  I desire timely obedience to You.

Father, I praise You for having an order, purpose and sequence in Your instructions to us.  The light is for the front; You intend for us to see, to discern that which You invite us to.  You are the Light and You came for us to see, be illuminated and to share the Light.  Father, I thank You for Your blessing in these words and the challenge  to me to let my light be forward-facing.  Your perspective is the right and true view, may I always see and shine in the same fashion.

I have given the Levites as gifts to Aaron and his sons to do the work at the tent of meeting on behalf of the Israelites and to make atonement for them so that no plague will strike the Israelites when they go near the sanctuary.

Lord, may I be as careful in preparing myself to serve You and worship You.  I wonder what worship would look like, what attendance would be like if a plague was the promise to those who had poorly prepared, unwarily worked and inattentively atoned for those they had responsibility for.  Cultivate in me, in Your Bride holiness, passion for purity, integrity and faithfulness to Your ways.  Let us all walk worthy of our calling in response to Your very great gift and most exalted Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment