Saturday, November 26, 2011

Numbers 23

The LORD put a word in Balaam’s mouth and said, “Go back to Balak and give him this word.”

Oh, Lord, that we would wait until You put a word in our mouths before we speak.  May we, may I be faithful with Your words, the ones You have given me and the ones You will provide to me.  May I give Your word and Your Word to those You direct me to.  I thank You for Your provision of the word and preparing those who will receive.  Please keep me faithful and courageous when the word is difficult to speak and harder to hear.  

 ... I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot change it.

Only Wise God, my preferences, comfort, selfish inclination - even the perfect way You have wired me to be merciful - at times make me want to change what You have ordained.  Lord God, widen my vision, uplift my perspective, increase my desire and capacity for Your perfect sovereignty, do what needs doing that I may (gladly) agree with You, even when I don't want to very much.  Help me to lovingly and graciously encourage others when they are in that same place to trust You all the more.  You are always right, always good, always faithful, always God.  I am not.

2 comments:

  1. nice post! thanks for sharing...God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, and may He bless you as well.

    ReplyDelete