Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Numbers 12

Miriam and Aaron - prejudice, discontent, jealousy, pettiness.  

Moses - meek, faithful, God-beholder.

God - Sovereign, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Faithful,  Authority, Judge, Holy, Mercy.

Lord, so often my qualities run closer to the siblings' group rather than Moses'.   Help me to understand that I have no need of insecurities with You.  You are Omni-sufficient for my life.  Where prejudice seeks to direct my thoughts, remind me of who You and who I am not - let me be meek.  When discontentment rises up before me, bring to my mind Your faithfulness and let me yoke up with You.  May my focus be on You, in order that jealousy, pettiness and any other sinful, flesh-driven ways would not just be eclipsed ~ but decimated in Your holy Presence.   I want to cry out for those who hurt me before I have had time to process the injury.  Holy God, I need Your perspective for mercy to flow freely and without condition.  When someone's sin stalls the progress of the whole group; Lord, let me remember to praise You, for You are the One who did not move out, You waited on her shame to be removed, You kept them still in that time.  God, help me to be patient and grateful in the delays - because, I know, sometimes, I'm the one who needs healing outside of the camp. 




No comments:

Post a Comment