Tuesday, November 8, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 45: 1 Corinthians 14

Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. ... the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. ... how will I benefit you unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or teaching? ... So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. ...

Help me Holy Spirit to do this.  May I pursue love and the "upbuilding" of the Body through whatever path pleases You the most.

 And if the bugle gives an indistinct sound, who will get ready for battle? ... 

Holy Spirit, may I never be indistinct in what You have called me to do.  May I offer a clarion call in word or deed for Your great Name in response to Your gifting for me.  May I praise You all the more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment