Sunday, November 6, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 43: Romans 8

... the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death ... the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Two laws at work, one is known by sin and death.  One is known by freedom, life and peace. One makes me free from the other.  One enslaves me to itself.   He sets before me life and death, I can choose. 

Oh, Lord, how is this even a choice?  What grace You have shown me that I would even know the difference between life and death.  Lord, I choose life, I choose peace and liberty.  I ask that You would bind me to Your law, most Holy Spirit, that I may be Your hand-maiden.  In obedience, I desire to be under the Law of the Spirit, I long for Your authority in my life, I seek Your provision for my life through Your Spirit Law.  I praise You for doing away with the law of sin and death and its authority over me.  May I be known by Your law, Holy Spirit - by life, peace, liberty.  May my actions and reactions point to You and Your divine covenant with Your people.  Help me to daily choose Your law over any other law or "guideline" this world may offer.  Your way is right and true and best.   To the praise of Your very great Name and most generous offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment