Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Number 11

Soon the people began to complain about their hardship, and the Lord heard everything they said.

Lord, I am not sure what happened to Your people.  It seems they were moving when You moved and staying when You stayed; You were faithful in Your presence with them, consistent in Your provision...  Somehow, in the dailyness of their lives of freedom and being led by Your glorious Self, they found hardship in it.  OUCH.  Lord God, I am so inconsistent with my gratitude, I'm sorry.  You do all these things for me and more; yet, I can complain and dish up a hardship story all too easily.  Holy Spirit, let me rest in You, let me be grateful, content and peaceful in what has been divinely orchestrated for me.  I don't want to be known as a whiner-girl.  Lord, You have paid my price and I am Yours.  Let me not set my mind on things of the flesh; but on the things of the Spirit that I may please You and experience true pleasure myself.  When I falter, shut my mouth and sanctify my imagination so that I return to Your pattern and not the world's.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment