Friday, November 4, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 41: Acts 2

On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place. Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven...

Lord, they knew the sound was from You.  I wonder what non-believers would have made of the sound.  Would they have known it was from You, too?  Lord, I  welcome You to dispense from Heaven that which You would be pleased to do - in my individual prayer time, in worship, in the corporate prayer time, in any setting and at any time You choose.  Please, just help me never miss that it is from You.  Let me not gaze with distracted eyes, hear with busy ears or perceive with a lazy mind something holy, divine, sacred and think of it common.  Lord, when You give, I want to receive, to experience, to participate fully in that which comes from Heaven.  Holy Spirit, please help me be a partaker in the spiritual.  Courage, strength, focus, consistency, please be my Help, Teacher and my Advocate. 

I see that the Lord is always with me.
      I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad,
      and my tongue shouts his praises!
      My body rests in hope. 

Make my heart glad, my tongue to shout Your praises and my body to rest in hope for I live and depend on You, Your faithful, consistent, never-diminishing presence.  May my spirit be so intertwined with Yours that I am never shaken and am ever-joyful.  May my eyes, both the physical and the spiritual vision, be so enlightened that I would always see that You are with me. ... and that I am always with You.  Let me not be deceived.

And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today. ... Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all. ... A deep sense of awe came over them all ...

Lord, Peter quotes words from an ancient prophet regarding You pouring out Your Spirit upon all people and then says that happened there, that day.  People were able to believe and act in faith on Your truth in response to that drenching of Your Holy Spirit.  Many believed and called themselves by Your Name - many of the Jews.  For whom Christ is a stumbling block.  God, please drench us anew that the same may be done for the Jews in this day.  That the Muslims, the Gentiles, the "christians," the whole earth may know and believe.  That Your Bride may grow in number, grace and awe in this age.  Lord, only You can usher in this movement.  Lord, only You can reveal Yourself and allow us to tremble at Your Word.  Please teach us to live in awe of You, Your great Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment