Friday, April 27, 2012

2 Samuel 18

The king answered, “I will do whatever seems best to you.” ... “Be gentle with the young man Absalom for my sake.”

Humility, taking advice from his advisers, imploring mercy for one who does not deserve it.  Brokenhearted over the loss of his son, his traitorous enemy.

Lord God, I praise You.  Lord Christ, You were the ultimate example of humbleness and humility, taking on the form of a man, doing only what the Father said to do - His will, whatever was best to Him, was what You did.  You plead mercy for us with Your life and severe sacrifice - me, your perfidious rebel.  And Your divine emotion for Your people, Your chosen and adopted chosen ones. Oh, how You love.  May I return the gift, to the praise of Your great and tender Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment