Sunday, April 8, 2012

1 Samuel 30

So it was, from that day forward; he made it a statute and an ordinance for Israel to this day.

Saul still sat on the throne; but David made good and honorable decisions – sound policies which benefited the men fighting and those who would be left with supplies. He did not cop an attitude because he was not on the throne, he did not make sloppy choices as a less-than-king, he did not make selfish decisions because he could. David used his influence and success to make good choices for the people – regulations which gave provision and assurance to all of the soldiers. Maybe it’s my background, or my mercy rearing up or just the desire for goodness and fairness to prevail; but this resonates with me. I am encouraged and challenged by Dave’s decisions – perhaps ordinary but not lazy.

Lord God, I admire this quality of Your man, Dave’s. I desire to emulate this in the days and decisions of my life. May I choose wisely (I need Your Wisdom, please) and navigate circumspectly all the situations of my life. May the paths I choose, the establishments I make be lasting and beneficial solutions. I may never have political influence; but please allow my selections to be honoring to You and increase the fame of Your very precious Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment