Monday, April 9, 2012

1 Samuel 31

Then Saul said to his armorbearer, “Draw your sword, and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised men come and thrust me through and abuse me.” ... So it happened ... the Philistines came ... they found Saul and his three sons fallen on Mount Gilboa. And they cut off his head and stripped off his armor, and sent word throughout the land of the Philistines, to proclaim it in the temple of their idols and among the people. Then they put his armor in the temple of the Ashtoreths, and they fastened his body to the wall of Beth Shan.

Saul was convinced in life that David was his enemy; in death, Saul recognized what the enemy was and was capable of.  I wonder if David had been at his side if the end would have been like this....

Lord Warrior and God of my Life, please be honored in my living, my relating and my dying.  Please grant me vision to recognize the enemy and his work; discernment to not confuse precious if also peculiar people with perilous pitfalls; strength to refrain from empowering the nemesis in my life or promoting his platform by my reactions.  God, I desire to bring You glory from obedience and submission, not from being a terrible warning or tragic example.  Nonetheless, Your will be done, in my life as it is in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment