Sunday, April 1, 2012

1 Samuel 23

Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?”
God, I want this to be my attitude. I never ask You if I should go and attack any enemies. Please remind me that I can be aggressive in Your Name against Your enemy, by Your leave.

And the Lord said to David, “Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah.”
May I do as You say, Lord God.

But David’s men said to him, “Look, we are afraid here in Judah. How much more then if we go to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?”
Father, You know this is so much more like me; I am afraid in my little suburban lifestyle, how much more so if I were to go and step out in battle against a real enemy. Let me prefer to seek to go and attack rather than being passive and frightened. To the praise of Your glorious Name.

Then Jonathan, Saul’s son, arose and went to David in the woods and strengthened his hand in God.
Precious God and Savior, You are my Strength. I praise You. Please help me to be the friend who strengthens others hands in Your Name. Help me to point them to You, lift them up to You and encourage them in Your love. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment