Saturday, April 21, 2012

2 Samuel 12

The LORD sent Nathan to David.
Thank You Lord Jesus that You came for us, thank You Lord, that You send people to us and us to people, thank You my God that You care about all the details of Your people and You have people to send. Cultivate holiness, purity, integrity, Yourself in us. Make sure Your harvest is worthy, prune and shape us in order that we would be more like Yourself, my Messiah. Redeeming and delivering – You are faithful and too kind. I praise You.

If someone steals an ox or sheep and then kills or sells it, the thief must pay back five oxen for each ox stolen, and four sheep for each sheep stolen. Exodus 22:1 Lord, David knew the law well. Please keep me from taking liberty with Your law, especially when I know it as well as You have allowed me to. May I honor You with my response to Your commands.

because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own….
Lord, make this truth permeate my inmost thoughts: when I take that which You have not given me, I sin and in that act, I am despising You. I do not want to despise You in word, deed or thought. Keep me far from sin and unbelief.

Meanwhile Joab fought … Father, sin is devastating; but life continues. Please help me not get distracted from Your Kingdom’s cause by sin, unbelief or the devastation which comes with the death sin brings. Keep me on focused, Holy Spirit please, on the work I was made for; direct me to that yieldedness which comes only from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment