Saturday, May 12, 2012

Psalm 9

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
    I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

I am not here, yet.  Lord, I want to praise You and You are worthy of my full-out praising - but I fear my whole heart is not always available.  I distract.  I wonder about other things.  I commit my whole heart to You for praise - Teach me, Omniscient and Omnipotent Rabbi, how to praise with my whole heart.  Increase my capacity to remember all the marvelous ways You interact in and around me; because I want to tell of all that You have done.  Joy, that filling and fulness of joy is from and because of You.  Make it so, my God, make it so.  Please teach me how to sing praises to Your great Name, as You know I don't get songs or singing.  I desire to do all of these things that the Psalmist says he will.  Help me join in the sacred chorus of praise and storytelling for Your fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment