Friday, May 4, 2012

Psalm 1

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

Delight. Synonyms: crow, exult, exuberate, glory, jubilate, joy, kvell, rejoice, triumph...(Merriam Webster)
 It's a two-way street.  Buckle up and delight myself in the LORD! 

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus ...
Delight yourself in the Lord ...
Lord, let Your ear be attentive... to the prayer of Your servants who delight in revering Your Name....
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him;...
Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you ... O God, my God.
He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.
Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors.
If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
the LORD delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love.
For the LORD takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with victory.
The LORD detests lying lips, but He delights in people who are trustworthy.
"... but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know Me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.
The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law...
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment