Monday, May 7, 2012

Psalm 4

You have relieved me in my distress;
                                      (past tense, God has a history of relieving Dave 
                                       when he's fretting)
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.
                                      (present tense seeking God's grace and answer for now)
How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception?
                                       (Dave talked to God before he addressed and reproved man)
Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach?
But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; 
                                       (a peculiar people, holy and royal priesthood, aliens, 
                                         righteousness not all  about self, God's protocol not 
                                         my agenda)
The LORD hears when I call to Him.
                                       (Dave's authority is not from himself, the LORD hears 
                                          and answers him)
Tremble, and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and trust in the LORD.
                                        (response to the God of Righteousness)
And trust in the LORD.
                                        (bottom line)

 I praise You God and LORD of All.  You alone bring grace, goodness, gladness, safety and peace to me.  You are worthy of all of my trust and response.  You are perfect in Your provision and supply, You always have been; I trust You always will be.  You are God.  

I thank You that You hear and already have answer to my calls, my cries.  That Your omniscience and omnipotence and omnipresence in no way diminishes Your invitation for me to call on Your Name, to seek You, to know You.  You are so beyond my understanding; but that You have allowed me to understand that simple truth is a mercy.  I praise You and thank You for that kindness on my behalf.  You are not One such as I, may I never figure that You are.  

Lord, precious and teaching Father, please increase my comprehension of You that I may readily tremble at the thought of You, at Your Name, Your presence.  Holy Spirit, increase my desire and follow-through for holiness.  

Jesus, may I learn from Your example of meditation and being still that I may walk more in Your way, think more with Your mind and look more like You, my divine Big Brother. 

 I seek to offer the sacrifices of righteousness, help me to pursue the holy, the righteous, the true.  May i trust in You, LORD.  May I trust You.  Simply trust.  You are God.  You speak.  You speak to me.  trust. obey.  simple trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment