Monday, May 21, 2012

Psalm 18

David finally gets a breath and he pours out praise to his God.  He doesn't rest on the laurels or his throne, he doesn't glory in the victory or in himself.  Holy Spirit, please help me take myself out of the equation that I may praise and revel in the Sovereign Lord of All with all my heart and ego.
 
 For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
And have not wickedly departed from my God.
And I did not put away His statutes from me.
I was also blameless before Him,
And I kept myself from my iniquity.

God, I thank You that You have purposed that I would be a part of Your very great Kingdom; but help me not grow complacent, lazy, distracted in that life.  I want to keep Your ways - they are life, I never wish to depart from Your Name, I desire to live a blameless life - one marked by obedience to You, (even though I know I can't mess You up, I do want to get it right ... I know peace flows from yieldedness).  You and no other are worthy of my delight and my worship, You have the Words of life, Your power and authority are indescribable - so do they exceed my comprehension.  May I see You as David did and join in the sweet "psalmery" of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment