Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2 Samuel 23

These are the last words of David: (recorded words, I praise You that he is praising You right now!)
“The inspired utterance (I praise You that Dave is truly inspired in Your presence)
of David son of Jesse,
the utterance of the man exalted by the Most High, (that You would incline Yourself, even exalt one of Your creation. Who am i; but Yours?)
the man anointed by the God of Jacob, (I praise You for Your divine anointing)
the hero of Israel’s songs: (You are the Maker of heroes and the Heroes’ God. You alone!)

God, may I thirst for You as David did the waters from the House of Bread. May I be as valiant in taking the Living Water to those who desire You as the Mighty Three were in acquiring the water for their friend, leader and king. May I honor well my family,friends and others who sacrifice and not treat lightly nor cheaply their precious considerations. May I revere Your Name over all.

Uriah’s name brings grief to me here, as this shows me that David knew well Uriah’s character and loyalty. It broadens and deepens the brutal betrayal and fatal wounding David does to him and his family. Yet, You, Lord, brought good from that. I know it did not please You, I believe that this was not what You preferred; but in Your curious and perfect wisdom, power and authority, You allowed that which would bring You best glory. I don’t understand the preference of the non-preferable; but I trust Your excellent and unassailable sovereignty. May You be glorified in my life; but please help me to choose honoring Your Name and not catering to my flesh. Keep me from betrayal and wounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment