Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Psalm 27

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Of course, You, o Lord, coined the phrase “Wait for it…” You are All-Glorious, King of Details and never cliche. Help me wait on You, in strength, focused and expectant; knowing You have all the details established. i confess, i sometimes wait in impatience; distracted from You by the physical toll the deferment demands, the cacophonous chaos of the surrounding vista and even the light and momentary troubles, themselves. i choose to allow my heart to take courage in You. You are ever-faithful and ever-present and ever-strong. Your joy is my strength. May i delight in You and wait in heart-courage, strengthened and confident – not in the circumstances, not in my ability to be patient, not in the outcome, not in the words of others – only in You. The the praise of You, my God, my Defense and my Stronghold. You see me, thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment