Sunday, January 9, 2011

Romans 4

The funny thing about Abraham and his belief is that he never doubted what God said.  He never said, "Maybe, I misunderstood," or "I don't really recall what God said, if it was God."  Abraham knew God said it and he knew what God said.  And he believed.  Now I remember that Abe didn't quite want to wait when he gave in to Sarah's offer; but Abe never said that the promise was anything different than what it was. 

That is huge to me as I read that Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.  He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises (I love that this is "promises" and not "promised").  And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous.

Abraham's never weakening nor wavering confidence in God's faithfulness yields God-glory which resulted in Abe-righteousness.

What are my choices and memory recall about God's promises telling about me?  Am I slacking off on my constancy to His Word?  What do I doubt?  
When I slack off, I rob God of glory.  Do I want to do that?  Since I am robbing Him of glory, does that mean I am stealing it?  I am stealing from God.  

Help me God to not waver in my faith in Faithful You.  Let me bring You glory with my belief in Your Word and Your character.  Show me where I doubt You and strengthen me according to Your very great power which raised Christ from the dead and by Your love. Praise You.  

Another interesting thing to me is that Father God knew the issues circumcision would bring and He still chose the design and the modification plan as His Way.  I appreciate how He is not afraid to do hard things (or let us make them such) and allow us to get our loin-cloths in a wad over some really basic stuff.  Just obey and take no pride in it. His plan, His design, His story.  All for His glory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment