Saturday, January 22, 2011

Acts 21

Then all the city was provoked, and the people rushed together, and taking hold of Paul they dragged him out of the temple, and immediately the doors were shut. 

Murderous thoughts were reigning in the minds of those who grabbed Paul and drug him out from the temple.  As he was taken, the temple doors were shut - by the religious folk.  Paul desperately needed help and the "church" allowed him to be taken and then made sure he was not able to return.  He was out and that was fine with them.  

Why didn't the representatives of God try to help?  Offer asylum?  Protection?  Mediation?  The church saves no one...Only God saves.  

Where am I trusting in mankind's answers and facilities to save me?  Where am I thinking I am trusting God when I am really relying on a tangible savior?  Am I misleading anyone into thinking that the church will save them rather than leading that someone to Jesus?

Father, help me to point true to You and Your precious Son.  Holy Spirit, I need You to show me where I deviate from Glorious God. Make my path true and straight that when I have the opportunity to assist another, I will be able to properly respond to the glory and praise of Your very great Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment