Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Romans 15

My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.  I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says,
   “Those who have never been told about him will see,
      and those who have never heard of him will understand.”
In fact, my visit to you has been delayed so long because I have been preaching in these places.

Paul's mission and work was to preach the Gospel in places that had never been exposed to it before.  He purposely sought out areas where no church was established.  Places where the locals may ask, "Jesus Who?"

Do I ever consider where His Name has not been made known as the best place to begin?  How can I impact places and people where He is not known from my current season and station?  I choose today (while it is still called today =+} ) to make that characteristic a part of my decision-making process...In the dailyness of my life, I will look for opportunities to make known an unknown name to the people who have never heard.

Jesus, please give those that have not heard of Your Very Great Name ears to hear and a heart to understand Your Gospel of grace.  I confess that I have never planned my day with respect to who may have never heard of You; but I have labored in vain to faithfully put Your Name before folks who openly scorn it.  I want to reach the elect; help me to be diligent in sharing Your Good News with those who haven't yet heard it.  To the praise of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment