Sunday, January 16, 2011

Romans 12

Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

All of the instructions and exhortations from this chapter can be summed up or "bumper-stickered" with this one verse...don't be conquered by evil but let the good you do defeat evil.

I can be conquered by evil...reminds me I am in a battle...and can be defeated...
I can conquer evil...by doing good...which brings triumph...

I can overcome or I can be overcome...I can prevail or be prevailed upon...be victorious or be enslaved...I can overpower or be overpowered.

I want victory; prevailing, overpowering, overcoming VICTORY.

Father, help me conquer evil by the doing of good.  You have given me eyes to see evil in disguise, strength to fight and tenacity to persevere to Your victory, please help me to rely on Your gifts and empowerment.

1 John 5:4 -5 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world -our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God ?

                               FAITH IS THE VICTORY.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment