Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hebrews 3

    ...but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.
    Christ was a faithful Steward as a Son over His (Father's) House - and that is whose house we are, if we take possession of our bold assurance and that in which we can glory for our joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation until it is finished, fulfilled or complete in purpose.
    Yet, the former slaves which Moses led from Egypt had seen miracles, signs, wonders, power, protection, provision, life and death from the hand of God and yet they were denied entrance to God's rest.  For forty years, they saw His works and still disobeyed in unbelief.
[Therefore beware] brethren, take care, lest there be in any one of you a wicked, unbelieving heart [which refuses to cleave to, trust in, and rely on Him], leading you to turn away and desert or stand aloof from the living God.... And to whom did He swear that they should not enter His rest, but to those who disobeyed [who had not listened to His word and who refused to be compliant or be persuaded]?   So we see that they were not able to enter [into His rest], because of their unwillingness to adhere to and trust in and rely on God [unbelief had shut them out].

Their unbelief had shut them out of God's rest...His house.  

What do I do when confronted with unbelief?  How truthfully and lovingly do I respond?  How quickly do I pray for that one?  How am I keeping watch and being held accountable against unbelief in my own life?  Do I consider unbelief a valid threat?

Lord, help me speak Your love in truth to those demonstrating unbelief.  Give me discernment in this area that I might be a noble servant and a diligent steward for Your Kingdom's purpose.  Help me to not "unbelieve" anything You say.  Your Word is life.  Your Kingdom is of belief, lead me in Your way, the way everlasting.    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment