Sunday, August 5, 2012

Psalm 94

They pour out their arrogant words; all the evildoers boast.  They crush your people, O Lord, and afflict Your heritage.  They kill the widow and the sojourner, and murder the fatherless ...  They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

This is what the wicked do.  I can recognize wickedness by this M.O.  They seem to have free-rein in this world, accomplishing what they desire.  While there is a man considered blessed because of the discipline of the Lord.  So the righteous get caught and taught; whereas the evil do as they please and are called by God 'fools' and 'dullest of people.'  The obedient are named 'unforsaken' and "His,' they have access to Your steadfast love, Your ever-presence, Your consolation, You - the Rock of their Refuge and Stronghold.  I thank You Lord God, that I am among those You have made righteous and obedient.  Only by Your power and strength and plan, my God, would I qualify for Your team.  May I live in response to all You generously and without fail offer me.  Glory and honor to Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment