Thursday, August 30, 2012

Psalm 119:1-32 Aleph, Bet, Gimel, Daleth

Aleph
     Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to
        the law of the Lord.
Happy are the ones who obey Your commands.  Happy, blessed, fulfilled.  Not miserable, robotic, mindless, Stepford Christians.  Happy.  Help me, help us to live this.  To so embrace You in our lives that we live that blessed and happy life - because of our knowing and experiencing You, not because we have the circumstances which sell.  You, You alone.  Let me walk blamelessly according to Your law, because You have given me the privilege; not because I am working on attaining anything or achieving some performance-based award.  You.


Bet
     I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
Holy Spirit, I do not seek with all my heart.  Please help my heart not be divided that I may seek You with all my heart.  That my obedience would match the heart, undivided and focused on You.


Gimel
     My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.

Not so, Lord God; but make it so, please.  I want to be consumed with You and Your ways.  Love God and love others.  Your priorities for life.  Make it so in my life, heart, mind and soul.  Let me spend my strength on this.


Daleth     Cause me to understand the way of your precepts, that I may meditate 
       on your wonderful deeds.
Please Lord, grant me understanding that I may glorify You in my thoughts, words, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment