Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Psalm 118

I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. 

Thank You Lord for this gentle reminder that You have died that I may live – even with You. May my life proclaim Your amazing yet tangible love and works. Also, Holy Spirit, I confess I don’t always react the best and most trusting way to Your invitation; but You again remind me that I will not die – despite my initial, fleshly responses to Your direction. It won’t kill me. Or at least all of me, just the part that needs to die, the part that resists You and Your words. So, thank You and please continue to show me how to die to myself that I may live and proclaim, extol what You have done, Who You are. I trust You.

With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.
  
Thank You my Lord for showing me that all the celebrations should have You as the center, the focus. Anything else will glorify self and lead us astray. Teach me how to party in Your Name. You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, and I will exalt You. I give thanks to You, Lord, for You is good; Your love endures forever – and includes me.

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.

Father, while I know it refers to my Messiah, today these words strike me as referring to the Jewish people. One man into a nation who is blessed by God, yet cursed and rejected by man. The faith and truth entrusted to them for the world is the cornerstone of the Messiah’s teachings. How much more should this Jesus of Nazareth resonate with God’s chosen ones as their own, their very own Messiah. You, God, You have done this and it is marvelous. Thank You for eyes to see Your handiwork and invitation. You are wonderful and good and forever faithful. Please open eyes all over the world, grant spiritual vision for Your precious ones, faith and willingness to receive Your revelation. I also pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel. God, remember Your people. And remember Your Church. Let the Church bless in Your Name Your people, may I be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment